An LNG filling station is a facility fuelling motor vehicles with liquefied (LNG) and compressed (CNG) gas fuel.
CNG-driven vehicles are fuelled through the regasification technology, when the liquefied methane is compressed.
Core advantages of in-house LNG
Advantages of the LNG against conventional (oil) fuel:
- Up to 65% lower atmospheric emission of pollutants (СО and heavy hydrocarbons)
- Up to 30–50% potential reduction of fuel costs due to the price not more than 50% of the diesel fuel
- 1,5 times longer service life of the engin
Advantages of LNG compared to CNG:
- Transportability of the LNG to the areas distant from gas mains
- 3 times longer unrefueled mileage of motor vehicles
- 0,6–1,6 MPa — pressure in the LNG fuel tank
- Much lower mass-dimensional parameters of the fuel system
The technological equipment package includes
- A cryogenic storage vessel;
- A low-pressure pumping unit;
- A high-pressure pumping unit;
- Heat-exchange equipment;
- CNG dispensers;
- Auxiliary process equipment:
- Cryogenic fixtures;
- Cryogenic lines with vacuum insulation;
- A nitrogen station;
- An air station;
- High and low pressure atmospheric evaporators.
Mobile LNG refueller
A mobile LNG refueller is intended for LNG transportation, storage and fuelling to remote consumers.
A mobile LNG refueller is a chassis-mounted tank with a cryogenic pump and a fiscal LNG metering unit.