Where it is necessary to produce gaseous nitrogen with the purity of up to 99.9% and the system capacity not exceeding 180 nm³/hr or lower-purity nitrogen with the capacity of up to 5,000 nm³/hr, the use of membrane nitrogen plants appears the most preferable. If the customer needs high-purity nitrogen — up of 99.95 to 99.9995% which is unavailable with membrane technology, it is expedient to use adsorption nitrogen plants.
The main parts of Grasys membrane plants are the compressor unit, air treatment unit, gas separation unit and the control system GRASYS Intellegent Control-8. The gas separation unit consists of specially configured modules producing required purity nitrogen from atmospheric air.
The state-of-the-art intelligent multi-functional control system GRASYS Intellegent Control-8 provides the opportunity for plant automatic operation including remote access, data archiving and integrating in the high-level ACS.
Due to the use of the latest achievement, Grasys nitrogen plants are exceptionally reliable with the membrane unit operational life up to 180,000 hours of continuous operation.
Basic technical characteristics of membrane nitrogen plants
|Parameter ||Value |
|Nitrogen parameters at the plant output |
||up to 99.9 |
- volume recovery of gas mixture, nm³/hr*
||up to 350 |
|Ambient air temperature |
|Warm-up period, max, minutes ||10 |
|Membrane modules operational life, thous. hours ||up to 180 |
* The capacity is referenced to the standard conditions (t = 20 °C, P = 1 atm).
State-of-the-art intelligent control system GRASYS Intellegent Control-8
The state-of-the-art intelligent control system GRASYS Intelligent Control-8 guarantees the ultimately simplified and convenient control of Grasys nitrogen station operation.
The GRASYS Intelligent Control-8 system
- ensures complete control of operation of all station systems;
- enables manual, automatic and remote control;
- provides the opportunity for plant controls integration in thefactory-wide control system;
- provides necessary interlocks in case of overrun of the main process parameters;
- provides the opportunity for plantswitching-over to standby mode with no nitrogen consumption;
- has a broad range of additional options, including the opportunity for station parameters control via Internet;
- allow archiving of the station main process parameters.
The control panel has a LD-display and “hot” buttons for quick access to the critical functions.